Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Start your day off right

Here’s my secret to a great breakfast…

 

1 banana

1 Activia yogurt

Heaping handful of fresh green spinach

5 baby carrot sticks

OR

1 cutie orange

1 cup of frozen berries (I prefer blueberries because of the high level of antioxidants, but any frozen berries will do)

3 generous shakes of cinnamon

1 cup of Açai juice (you could use any juice really, just watch the sugar content)

 

Put all of this in a blender and now you have breakfast on the go.  I know it sounds a little weird putting spinach or carrots in a fruit smoothie, but they don’t have any flavor.  The fruit and cinnamon supersede the taste of the drink so it’s a GREAT way to pack in the extra fiber.   Just my own personal opinion, I wouldn’t put things like milk or peanut butter into smoothies unless you’re sure they’re not packed with sugar or useless fillers, afterall, you want an immune boosting blast, not a milk shake =)

No comments:

Post a Comment